The Atlanta BeltLine
Where Atlanta Comes Together. Learn more
2013 Atlanta BeltLine Southwest 5K
What is the Atlanta BeltLine Southwest 5K?
The Atlanta BeltLine Southwest 5K is a Run/Walk along the Atlanta BeltLine Southwest Trail and through the historic West End and Westview neighborhoods. The race course will introduce participants to many local parks and features a ¾-mile off-road jaunt within the Atlanta BeltLine corridor. It is the second 5K of the 2013 Atlanta BeltLine Running Series!
- When: Saturday, July 13, 2013; Race begins at 7:30 a.m. – arrive early!
- Where: 1200 White Street, Atlanta, GA 30310
- Featured Challenge: Team Challenge – including cash prize – and 1K Youth Fun Run
- Registration: $30. Last year’s Southwest 5K SOLD OUT – so register early. Registration for the 1K Youth Fun Run is $10 and available through Active.com
- View the Course
When is the Atlanta BeltLine Southwest 5K?
How much does it cost?
Is there in-store registration?
Will there be on-site registration?
How long is the course?
The course is a standard distance of 3.1 miles or 5 kilometers.
Can I pick up my race bib before race day?
Atlanta on Friday, July 12 from noon until 7:30 p.m. on .
What are the post-race activities?
- Awesome prizes: REI Outdoor School, tickets to Braves vs. Rockies game on July 31st, and more!
- As always, we have exciting prizes for individual runners. Check out the cool mugs – awarded three deep
- Family fun with the Atlanta Braves BAT team, Atlanta Hawks street team, and Cartnoon Network’s Adventure Time characters
- Gold sponsor Chipotle is offering runners a tear off tab for ‘buy one get one free’
- Fun, unique technical tshirts – check out the cool new design!
Where do I park?
Can I bring my dog?
Can I bring a stroller?
Will there be restrooms on the course?
Will there be water stops on the course?
What awards will be given?
Awards will be given to:
Top three overall female/male.
Top three female/male in each age category: 14 & under, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, and 60&over
Team Challenge winners
Will race photos be available for purchase after the race?
Who receives the proceeds from the Run/Walk?
I don’t want to participate, but I want to donate to this great cause! How do I donate?
What is the Team Challenge?
As a part of the Southwest 5K we are holding a ‘Team Challenge’ for those who register and want to form a team. Your team can be a group made up from your neighborhood, run club, school, university, company, fraternity/sorority, closest friends or family members, or any other group you want.
Are there awards?
$150 will be awarded to the fastest team, $200 will be awarded to the largest team and $150 will be awarded to the most spirited team. The cash prize will be available on race day for your team to pick up.
How do I form a team?
Can I be on more than one team?
How many people can be on a team?
Are there any discounts?
Do I have to be on a team to run in the Southwest 5K?
If I am on a team, can I still compete for individual awards?